linkup

cbox

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Review: Aborted - The Necrotic Manifesto (2014)

Artist: Aborted
Album: The Necrotic Manifesto
Genre: Technical Death Metal/Grind

Tracklist:
1. Six Feet of Foreplay
2. The Extirpation Agenda
3. Necrotic Manifesto
4. An Enumeration of Cadavers
5. Your Entitlement Means Nothing
6. The Davidian Deceit
7. Coffin Upon Coffin
8. Chronicles of Detruncation
9. Sade & Eibertine Lunacy
10. Die Verzweiflung
11. Excremental Veracity
12. Purity of Perversion
13. Of Dead Skin & Decay
14. Cenobites



Review:

First, let me start by saying this album absolutely slays. Second, I wasn’t really expecting to like it as much as I do (might have to do with the fact that I recently just really started getting into aborted). Global Flatline is an absolute masterpiece and they picked up right where that one left off. Per usual, they have a few interesting sound clips for intros/outros, which I always enjoy; it adds to the whole gory experience giving it theatre like qualities. Sven, being the only original member, vocally holds their sound together and makes them stand out as the Aborted we all love so much. The riffs are really well put together with a consistent flow throughout. With the addition of Mendel bij de Leij, an absolutely remarkable specimen of a guitarist (if you haven’t, check out his solo instrumental album Mendel – Subliminal colors. Do it now; It’s perfect), the guitar work is phenomenal and there are a few more solos. Ken Bedene’s drumming is next level and they did an amazing job catching his sound perfectly in the studio. Again, I did not anticipate like this album as much as I have. My favorite track is Cenobites. I googled the word and found that Cenobites are the characters from The Hellbound Heart novel, which the movie Hellraiser is based off. Now, I am reading that book and re-watching Hellraiser. Thanks Aborted!

9.5/10

written by Derek Knapp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rule number 1: Don't piss and moan.